Administration – Research
Under the direction of the Health Services Director and Dr. Nancy Young, the Administration – Research will be responsible for assisting the community researcher with research and research coordination relating to Aboriginal Child Health Well-Being Measure and Tobacco projects.
- Planning meetings including preparing agendas, booking rooms, arranging catering services, inviting and confirming participants, preparing travel expense forms, printing agendas and documenting meeting proceedings (e.g. taking photographs and meeting minutes, distributing documents to participants;
- Building and sustaining relationships with Anishinaabe community members, partners and organizations;
- Supporting the recruitment of participants for health-related studies including the creation of posters and materials and participating in community outreach and presentations;
- Preparing for and assisting with key informant interviews and focus groups (e.g., scheduling, printing interview guides, organizing completed interview notes, etc.);
- Supporting the collection of community level data (e.g. community demographics, health status, available health services and programs for older adults);
- Assisting with data analysis and the sharing of results through reports, presentations and other activities;
- Ensure secure storage of research data and supporting documentation.
- Successful completion of post-secondary diploma in a health related discipline.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with Indigenous people or in research.
- Experience with outreach activities with communities, organizations and partners.
- Experience with knowledge translation and exchange with Indigenous communities.
- Knowledge of Anishinaabe culture, value and beliefs.
- Fluency in Anishinaabemowin would be an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Ability to travel.
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and contract information of two work related references. Marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Administration – Research
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Deadline: September 25, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Licence & Abstract. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
All interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.