AUNDECK OMNI KANING FIRST NATION
The Band Administrator is responsible for the overall efficient and effective administrative and financial management of the Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation Band government, its infrastructure, program areas and services, and for keeping Chief and Council informed on all matters relating to the business of the First Nation.
- Provide leadership, supervision, and direction to all Program Coordinators for the effective and efficient administration of the programs and services of the First Nation, to ensure achievement of annual goals and objectives and compliance with program budgets.
- Maintain direct verbal and written contact with Chief and Council. Provide monthly written reports and financial statements to Chief and Council on Band operations, programs and services.
- Communicate effectively with Chief and Council, Program Coordinators, Council Committees and community members to identify, plan and provide for the current and future needs of the Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation.
- Ensure that adequate financial controls, policies and procedures are in place and followed to enable reliable and accurate financial reporting and effective and secure management of Band funds and resources.
- Oversee and direct the infrastructure resources and systems of the First Nation. Ensure the annual preparation of a five-year capital plan and budget for review and approval by Chief and Council.
- Be informed and able to communicate regarding the First Nation’s programs and services, government policies and regulations.
- Implement Council decisions and policy; ensure Council motions, directions and resolutions are carried out in a timely, efficient, and professional manner. Provide follow up reports to Council.
- University degree or college diploma in public administration, business administration or a related field.
- Minimum of five (5) year’s work experience in administration at a senior management level, with leadership experience.
- Experience working for a First Nation government or organization.
APPLICATION TO INCLUDE:
Cover letter with contact information.
Resume listing education and work experience.
At least two (2) work-related letters of reference with contact information.
Please forward applications marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
c/o Chief Patsy Corbiere
13 Hill Street
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
Complete job description is available at the Band Office reception desk. Deadline for applications is
October 28, 2021 @ 12:00 NOON. The successful candidate must provide an acceptable
Police Record Check (C.P.I.C.).