The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre is seeking a qualified and motivated individual for the position of Binoojiinhak: Gwiiwzenhsak, Kwezenhsak Ages 7 – 12 Facilitator under the Waasa Naabin Community Youth Services (WNCYS) Centre.
Under the direction of the WNCYS Manager, the Binoojiinhak: Gwiiwzenhsak, Kwezenhsak Ages 7 – 12 Facilitator is responsible for developing and coordinating community-based holistic health programs for children between the ages of 7 – 12. The focus of the program is on active living activities that are enhanced through the delivery of additional holistic health elements including mental wellness, smoking prevention, diabetes awareness/prevention, nutrition, life skills and traditional teachings.
- Develop and coordinate community-based activities consistent with Cultural, Health & Wellness and Recreation & Leisure components which promote resilience and well-being amongst our youth through delivery of educational and prevention services.
- Promote program participation of both youth and their parents/guardians.
- Coordinate and participate in regular communication with administration, community service partners and families.
- Perform administrative duties in support of the program goals and objectives.
- Prepare and disseminate weekly, monthly and annual activity schedules.
- Engage in professional development to maintain current skills and knowledge regarding the scope of the position.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the organization’s quality improvement initiatives.
- Network with partner agencies to improve practices, enhance services and move forward shared initiatives relevant to the position.
- To participate in any public relations as a means of ensuring ongoing awareness to the community pertaining to the program of the Waasa Naabin Community Youth Services Centre.
- To be responsible for the Community Youth Services Centre which includes opening and closing the building; work evening and weekend shifts in accordance with the work schedule.
- To host, coordinate, participate and implement outside group activities which will at times include long and short trips, i.e. winter boot camp, soccer, T-Ball, baseball.
- To coordinate, implement, facilitate and participate, land-based activities.
- Adhere to policies, procedures and guidelines of Wikwemikong Unceded Indian Reserve (WUIR) and any other policies, procedures and guidelines related to NAHNDAHWEH TCHIGEHGAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre – Waasa Naabin Community Youth Services Centre.
- Minimum three-year post-secondary designation in Fitness and Health Promotion or related healthcare field.
- One to three years’ previous experience working with the delivery of physical activity programming to target groups, preferably children’s programming.
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and two work-related reference contacts marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Binoojiinhak: Gwiiwzenhsak, Kwezenhsak Ages 7 - 12 Facilitator Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre Box 101, 16 A Complex Drive, Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0 Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: November 30, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract, Accreditations and Driver’s Licence. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Incomplete submission will not be accepted. No return of submissions.