Capital Projects & Public Works
Department: Capital Projects & Public Works
Classification: DM 4 ($62,886-$67,377)
Employment Status: Term Full-Time (2 years)
M’Chigeeng First Nation is seeking an individual who is experienced in a variety of areas as it relates to Capital Projects and Public Works. These areas include Capital Infrastructure, Housing, Capital Projects, Roads, Water and Waste Water Systems and Programs. Has excellent time management, organizational skills, financial experience and great communication skills as well as possess strong interpersonal and relationship building skills. A great role model within the community, can work in a fast-paced environment and is a team player. If you are confident and have these qualities along with great facilitation and assessment skills, then you may be a great fit for this position.
The Capital Projects and Public Works Department Manager reports directly to the Enaagdenjged.
This is a senior administrative, operational and supervisory position responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of band assets with the inclusion of emergency services. Generally, the functions are representative of a typical management position and are not to be construed as all inclusive. The position is expected to adhere and comply with policies, procedures and standard documented practices (i.e. M’Chigeeng First Nation policies and procedures).
Qualification & Requirements Preferred
- Possess successful completion of relevant post-secondary diploma or undergraduate degree
- Possess Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- Previous program management and supervision experience
- Three years related work experience
- Previous work and/or volunteer experience working within Native organizations is a strong asset
- Successful completion of post-secondary business management program or a minimum five years equivalent combined training and work experience
- Be familiar with funding agreements
- Working knowledge of community development
- Previous supervision experience
- Work experience in team-building
- Demonstrated ability related to the implementation and use of information technology – ACCAPAC, Excel, Word
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize
- Have ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Have excellent communication skills, verbal, written and public relations
- Have good working knowledge of community
- Have excellent inter-personal skills
- Have the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s Licence, have working knowledge of First Nation issues. Understanding and fluency of Ojibwe is an asset.
- Have knowledge and/or experience with the language, culture, history and customs of the Anishinaabe. CRC/VSS requirement, must be current (30 days) and must be an original.
Interested applicants must submit COVER LETTER, RESUME, THREE (3) CURRENT WRITTEN REFERENCES (two work-related references from a direct supervisor/manager and one-character reference) and education certifications by Friday, October 30, 2020 @ 3:00P.M. to:
CAPITAL PROJECTS & PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT MANAGER
c/o Chief Linda Debassige
M’Chigeeng FN, P.O. Box 333, M’CHIGEENG, ON P0P 1G0 (Fax 705-377-4980)
LATE OR INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered. Preference will be given to Anishinabek people.
For Job description, please contact Marlene Debassige at 705-377-5362 ext. 203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.