Under direction and accountability to Wikwemikong Health Centre, the Child & Youth Mental Health & Addictions Worker (CYMHAW) will provide clinical assessments, planning, treatment and counselling to children and youth of Wikwemikong Unceded Territory under the age of 18 years, and consultations regarding community behavioural assessments and intervention.
- To complete general responsibilities relevant to administration and counselling practice.
- To provide culturally appropriate and effective clinic services are provided to Wikwemikong children and youth.
- To participate and/or promote mental health awareness to children and youth.
- Mandatory participation in the Outdoor Adventure Leadership Experience program by taking necessary training and participating in the ten-day canoe trip.
- To participate in quality improvement and personal growth activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of the position.
- Successful completion of a Post-Secondary degree or diploma in one of the helping disciplines preferred
- Experience in providing clinical service to Indigenous Youth
- Demonstrated experience in First Nation program delivery and in Traditional healing coordination
- Experience in conducting counsellor/client interviews, assessments, planning and treatment, referrals, group facilitation and group therapy
Interested applicants MUST submit: 1) A cover letter; 2) Updated resume; 3) Photocopy of certificates/diploma/degree from a post-secondary institution; and 4) Contact information (email, phone number) of two work-related references.
Attention: Melissa Roy
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A Complex Drive, Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705-859-3164 / Fax: 705-859-3300 / Email: email@example.com
Posted: June 16, 2022. Deadline: July 4, 2022 @ 4:00 pm
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered and we appreciate your interest.
Preference will be given to Indigenous People.