Community Consultation Technician
Location: United Chiefs and Councils of Mnidoo Mnising – Head Office – M’Chigeeng, ON
Duration: Contract – Short Term: Dec. 2020 to Mar. 31, 2021 (possible extension pending funding)
UCCMM is seeking an energetic, self-motivated person to join the UCCMM Lands and Resources
Department as a Community Consultation Technician.
- Post-Secondary diploma/degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Other training/certificates.
- Knowledge/understanding of provincial and federal agencies/ministries impacting First Nations.
- Experience with working and engaging Anishinabek elders, adults and youth.
- Must have valid driver’s licence and access to a vehicle.
- Great interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Great organizational skills and proven ability to work in a multi-tasking and team environment.
- Proven ability to work independently and detail-oriented.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point, Google/Gmail and other software.
- Knowledge of Anishinabek history and, in particular, history and treaties of Mnidoo Mnising.
- High standards of ethics and confidentiality to handle sensitive information.
Salary Range: $1,540 Bi-weekly
Closing Date: December 4, 2020: Noon.
To Apply: Mail complete package which MUST include: Application letter addressing education and skills/knowledge, resume and three current work-related reference letters.
Mark “Confidential” to: United Chiefs and Councils of Mnidoo Mnising Attn: Hazel Recollet, Chief Executive Officer PO Box 275 M’Chigeeng, ON, P0P 1G0 Contact Info: Phone (705) 377-5307
NOTE: Incomplete packages will not be accepted. All interview candidates must provide a current criminal reference check at the Interview.
Thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be notified.