With the functional support, guidance and supervision provided by the Community Health Service Manager, the Community Health Nurse carries out a community health service as outlined by the Community Health Program Policies and Procedures.
- Planning and delivering a Community Health Program, considering the physical, social, spiritual, mental and environmental factors which influence each individual, family and community;
- Delivering an immunization program in accordance to Community Health Service (CHS) Immunization Policy and Procedures, FNIHB Immunization Policy and Procedures and Ministry Standards. Also, ensuring to maintain a communicable disease reporting program in collaboration with CD Nurse of FNIHB and CHS Manager;
- Community Health Program
- Preconception Health Services (for schools in community only);
- Maternal and Newborn Health Services;
- Infant and Pre-School Health Services;
- School Health Services (for schools in community only);
- Community Health Services.
- A four-year BScN degree is required; or minimum three-year nursing diploma will be accepted.
- Must take Immunization Certification Online Course upon hiring and attend mandatory training sessions. Upon completion CHN will be required to write the immunization exam and will be subject to a series of practical exams for immunization.
- Two years’ experience in advanced nursing assessment skills with special emphasis on immunization, communicable disease, prenatal and community health care.
- Two years’ experience working in a First Nation community or equivalent organization.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nation health concerns and issues, and the ability to apply knowledge and skill in the development and implementation of programs to address identified needs.
- Adaptability and ability to establish and sustain a multidisciplinary team approach to integrated service delivery.
- Ability to apply ethics of nursing practice in decision making.
- Willingness to adapt to the changing demands of the position.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, optimism, discretion, tact, self-assurance, dependability and leadership.
Interested applicants MUST submit: 1) A cover letter; 2) Updated resume; 3) Photocopy of certificates/diploma/degree from a post-secondary institution; and 4) Contact information (email, phone number) of two work-related references.
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive, Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: email@example.com
Posted: June 16, 2022 Deadline: July 4, 2022 @ 4:00 pm
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered and we appreciate your interest.
Preference will be given to Indigenous People.