Community Health Program Worker – Environment
The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre is seeking a qualified and motivated individual for the position of Community Health Program Worker – Environment.
Community Health Program Worker – Environment will be responsible for the support, education and advocacy of health and health care within the community with a focus on environmental issues.
- Organize and lead community outreach activities.
- Coordinate agency health promotion activities with other organizations/groups, i.e. health fairs, screening clinics).
- Provide health care and prevention education within the community including schools, community centres and patient homes.
- Adhere to reporting procedures for accidents and incidents.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in all interactions, at all times.
- Monitors the environment and investigates sources of pollution by performing laboratory and field tests (water testing).
- May involve fieldwork which involves taking soil samples or water samples from rivers, lakes and streams.
- Collection of water samples from households with holding tanks.
- Prepare and maintain necessary reports and records as required.
- Work closely with the Indigenous Services Canada Environmental Officer.
- Conduct bacteriological or other tests related to research in environmental or pollution control activity.
- Participate and contribute to Emergency Preparedness.
- Diploma and/or certificate in community health, health education, environment health or related field.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience related to community health education.
- Knowledge of the priorities affecting Indigenous health.
- Ability to present information in group settings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and two work-related reference contacts, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Community Health Program Worker - Environment Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre P.O. Box 101, 16A - Complex Drive Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0 Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: email@example.com
Deadline: November 30, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract, Accreditation and Driver’s Licence. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submission will not be accepted. No return of submissions.