The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre – Nookomisnaang Shelter Program is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual for the position of counsellor.
Responsible for planning and facilitating safe therapeutic counselling; ensuring care management duties are completed according to minimal standards, preparing and maintaining administrative duties, promoting a supportive, respectful and harmonious team environment.
- Plan and facilitate safe therapeutic counselling to individuals and/or families by providing:
- Accurate and complete intake packages
- Orientation to the environment and counselling process
- In accordance to the minimal standards, ensure case management responsibilities are current and accurate by:
- Submit documentation for feedback, revision and approval
- Update client contact sheets and case management tracking sheets
- Prepare, conduct and maintain administrative duties by:
- Adhere to and abide by the contents of the Shelter Service Operations Manual
- Complete and submit weekly time sheets and appropriate leave forms
- Promote a supportive, respectful and harmonious team environment by:
- Work co-operatively and in co-ordination with all staff members
- Communicate concerns will all staff members in a sensitive and direct manner to promote understanding and resolution
- Post-Secondary graduate in Social Work or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of two years of work and/or volunteer experience in the provision of services regarding family violence
- Understanding of the impact of family violence on the individual family, clan, nation and community
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and two
work-related reference contacts, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Attention: Melissa Roy
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16 A Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Until filled
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract, Accreditations and Driver’s Licence. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submission will not be accepted. No return of submissions.