Wikwemikong Health Centre
One year contract – maternity leave
The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre – Nookomisnaang Shelter Program is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual for the position of counsellor.
Responsible for planning and facilitating safe therapeutic counselling, ensuring care management duties are completed according to minimal standards, preparing and maintaining administrative duties, promoting a supportive, respectful and harmonious team environment.
- Plan and facilitate safe therapeutic counselling to individuals and/or families by providing:
- Accurate and complete intake packages
- Orientation to the environment and counselling process
- Complete comprehensive assessments, circle of life self-assessment and healing journey plan of care
- In accordance to the minimal standards, ensure case management responsibilities are current and accurate by:
- Submit documentation for feedback, revision and approval
- Update client contact sheets and case management tracking sheets
- Identify and develop safety plans for high risk situations
- Prepare, conduct and maintain administrative duties by:
- Adhere to and abide by the contents of the Shelter Service Operations Manual
- Complete and submit weekly time sheets and appropriate leave forms
- Complete and submit monthly reports
- Promote a supportive, respectful and harmonious team environment by:
- Work co-operatively and in co-ordination with all staff members
- Communicate concerns will all staff members in a sensitive and direct manner to promote understanding and resolution
- Post-Secondary graduate in Social Work or relevant discipline
- A minimum of two years’ of work and/or volunteer experience in the provision of services regarding family violence
- Understanding of the impact of family violence on the individual family, clan, nation and community
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and two work-related reference contacts, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Nookomisnaang Shelter Counsellor-Maternity Leave Attention: Melissa Roy NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre P.O. Box 101, 16A Complex Drive Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0 Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: email@example.com
Deadline: November 30, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract, Accreditations and Driver’s Licence. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.