Gordon/Barrie Island requires a
Reporting to the CAO-Clerk/Treasurer, the successful candidate will provide support and assistance to the CAO-Clerk/Treasurer in the performance of all statutory duties in accordance with the Municipal Act and other applicable legislation. The primary role of the Deputy Clerk/Treasurer includes administration in the areas of records management, financial, human resources and cemeteries. A job description for the position is available at the Municipal Office located at 29 Noble Sideroad.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Progressive experience in municipal government
- Knowledge of the Municipal Act, Municipal Elections Act, Funeral, Burial and Cremation Services Act, Planning Act and other relevant legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge, skills and ability to maintain discretion in a confidential environment with a high level of attention to detail
- Political astuteness, tactfulness, with a knowledge of municipal government processes and parliamentary procedure
- Effective inter-personal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in related discipline and/or equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
This is a full-time position, offering a competitive wage, OMERS and benefit package.
Please submit your cover letter and resume by email in Word or PDF format in confidence by 4 p.m. on Tuesday, November 24, 2020 to the attention of:
Carrie Lewis, CAO/Clerk-Treasurer
Municipality of Gordon/Barrie Island
29 Noble Sideroad, P.O. Box 680
Gore Bay, Ontario P0P 1H0
We thank all applicants who apply, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. The Municipality of Gordon/Barrie Island is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), and will be used for the purposes of determining eligibility for this completion.