AUNDECK OMNI KANING FIRST NATION
EDUCATION COUNSELLOR COORDINATOR
The Education Coordinator is responsible for the overall efficient and effective administrative and financial management of the Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation Education Department. The Education Counsellor is under the direction of the Chief and Council for Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation and the supervision of the Band Administrator in accordance with the Band Personnel Policy, Policies and Procedures and the Education Policy.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Advises current and prospective students on educational issues, career planning and personal development, and coordinates the provision of counselling services to students at the Elementary, Secondary and Post-Secondary level
- Implementation and sponsorship of Adult Training Programs
- Ensures the local Education Agreement is maintained for Elementary and Secondary levels
- Works with teachers to provide tutoring for students who are struggling or need extra help
- Maintains all records and files for student information
- Processing and in take of Post-Secondary applications for potential students
- Working with parents (by request) to improve education outcomes for students
- Coordination of financial and administrative tasks under the Education annual budget
- Refers students to appropriate resources for assistance in the areas of counselling with relation to academics or peer support
- Works in partnership with the Indigenous Student Counsellor at Manitoulin Secondary School for students enrolled in secondary studies
- Works in partnership with Little Current Public School for students enrolled in elementary studies
- Works closely with the Education Committee
- Ensures compliance in reporting requirements for funding agencies
- Social Work Diploma, Native Counsellors Certificate or related field with two years of experience
- Must possess strong organizational and administrative skills and be able to communicate effectively both written and verbally and ability to meet deadlines
- Must be willing to authorize a Criminal Record Search and sign a Declaration Oath of Confidentiality
- Fiscal Management and responsibilities
APPLICATION TO INCLUDE:
Cover letter with contact information
Resume listing education and work experience
At least three (3) work-related letters of reference with contact information
Please forward applications marked CONFIDENTIAL – EDUCATION Counsellor to:
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation
c/o Chief and Council
13 Hill Street
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
Complete job description is available at the Band Office reception desk.
Deadline for applications is March 12th at 12:00 noon.
The successful candidate must provide an acceptable Police Record Check (C.P.I.C.).