Kenjgewin Teg is seeking to expand its team!
Executive Team Liaison
As one of nine recognized Indigenous Institutes in the province of Ontario, the organization is seeking to recruit dynamic individuals who are compassionate and committed to supporting students through lifelong learning as offered through the Pathways and Post-Secondary Education and Training programs.
Kenjgewin Teg is an Anishnaabe controlled and directed education organization that strives to provide a comprehensive, qualitative, cultural and holistic approach to First Nations based education, training and services. Our vision is to give students the ability to see the gift they were given, to be able to succeed in this world!
We are currently recruiting for a team member who is prepared to be consistent and provide a high level of confidential and administrative support to the President, Board of Directors and Senior Management team members. The individual will join our Corporate Services team as an energetic, committed, creative, and respectful employee for the following position:
Executive Team Liaison:
Salary Range: O5 Administrative Services Specialist/Salary Grade Band E – Qualified Level ($42,420 – 47,133 – $51,847
The Executive Team Liaison reports to the President and participates as an integral team member to assist the President and Senior Management team members with administrative and technical support that contributes to the overall operations of the Institute and services provided to the member First Nation communities. Responsibilities will include, but not limited to, providing a complete range of administrative and coordination support services by coordinating President’s schedule of training, meetings, workshops, conference and travel, provide administrative support to the Senior Management team, prepare and coordinate regular Board meetings, Executive Committee meetings and annual planning sessions, assist in the implementation of Board directives, take a lead role in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports, and other duties that contribute to meeting the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Post-secondary degree to Administration is preferred or a Diploma in Business Administration and a minimum of five (5) years direct work experience in an administrative capacity
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office/Office 365 environment
- Preference given to applicants demonstrating Anishinabek traditional knowledge; Kendmoowin – Anishnabemowin miinwaa Anishnaabe bimaadziwin
Job Knowledge & Skill
- Ability to write and format moderately complex correspondence, including memos, letters, proposals and reports
- Strong knowledge of general office procedures involving procurement, travel arrangements, budget management, and reports
- Strong time management skills, multi-tasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to record meeting minutes
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office/Office 365
- Ability to maintain filing systems and databases
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a challenging environment
- Maintain a high level of security, privacy and confidentiality
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence, access to a vehicle and be willing to travel as required
Deadline: Monday, October 5, 2020 at 12 NOON
To learn more about this employment opportunity, please contact the Director of Operations at 705-377-4342.
Interested individuals can send a complete application package that consists of:
Cover letter, a detailed resume, three (3) current (within one year) letters of reference, two of which must be professional on organizational letterhead and authored by direct supervisor, and written permission to contact references. Please note that reference letters that are not dated within one year will not be accepted as part of the application package.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applications can be received marked “confidential” either through mail or fax only to:
Kenjgewin Teg – Corporate Services
“Executive Team Liaison”
c/o Director of Operations
374 Hwy. 551, P.O. Box 328, M’Chigeeng First Nation, ON P0P 1G0
Tel: 705-377-4342 Fax: 705-377-4379
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg has taken steps to ensure that the organization is inclusive and partnership with the school community. This includes the shared practice of First Nation tradition of smudging.
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg’s Fitness for Duty Program is implemented which is designed to promote the development and maintenance of the highest possible levels of worker health and safety in an efficient and productive workplace.
Please note: Late applications will not be considered. While we thank all applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes.