Salary Range: Negotiable
Employment Status: Full-Time Regular
Benefits: Extended Healthcare and Dental and Pension
Position Summary: An integral part of the Senior Management team of the M’Chigeeng First Nation (MFN), the Finance Manager must have extensive experience in the financial management sector with a strong financial vision, insight to match and proven track record of success to manage and direct all the First Nations’ finances.
Reporting Relationship: The Finance Manager will report to the Enaagdenjged.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION SUMMARY:
The Finance Manager will work with the Department Management Teams on strategic vision, including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of funding from all partners or government agencies
Management and Administration:
- Manage, plan, coordinate and monitor the daily activities of the Finance Department daily operations and staffing; including reviews and approves all financial transaction matters
- Ensures compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and MFN By-Laws, Finance and Administrative Codes/Regulations, Employee Policies and Procedures
- Maintains and ensures codes and regulations, policies, and procedures are developed and adopted by the MFN
- Implement all essential financial functions to ensure compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles for MFN organization financial operations
- Ensures strategic and annual operation plans and activities identify financial resources and performance targets and/or outcomes
- Ensure financial information is relevant, timely, accurate, and complete for decision-making purposes and to address existing and future community needs
- Coordinates annual audit preparation, reconciliation, and working processes with the auditors and identifies supporting documents, audit trails, and reports on significant financial implications
- Certified Chartered Accountant with a bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or accounting with a minimum of five (5) years of direct work-related experience
- College Diploma (3 Years) in Finance or Accounting with minimum seven (7) years of equivalent work experience coupled with experience in management, full accounting cycle which includes budgeting, A/R, A/P, Payroll, control, and interpretation of financial statements
- Essential general management skills, including financial management and budgeting, strategic planning, business development, marketing, human resources management, etc.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in business and financial acumen would be strong assets
Other Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Excellent financial acumen and familiarity with governments and other agencies funding agreements
- Strong leadership style with an uncompromising sense of integrity and high ethical standards
- Exceptional leadership skills, ability to address issues with professionalism, judgment, tact, and diplomacy
- Strong knowledge of external funding sources for proposal submission and reporting requirements
- Great understanding of the Anishinabek culture, traditions, Anishinabemowin language, and the dynamics of working in a First Nation environment
The successful candidate will be required to submit a current thirty (30) day Police Criminal Reference Check; and an offer of employment is contingent upon the receipt of a satisfactory CRC record.
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of a satisfactory credit check.
Application Deadline: October 21, 2021 at 3 pm
Interested applicants must submit COVER LETTER, RESUME, THREE (3) CURRENT WRITTEN REFERENCES (2 Work-Related references from a direct supervisor/manager and 1-character reference), and copies of education certifications addressed to:
Confidential: FINANCE MANAGER
c/o Human Resources
M’Chigeeng FN, P.O. Box 333
M’CHIGEENG, ON P0P 1G0
Tel: 705-377-5362 Fax: 705-377-4980
Miigwetch for your interest, however, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please contact Andrea McGregor, Human Resources Manager at 705-377-5362, Ext. 226.