One Year Contract Position
The Wiikwemkoong Co-ordinated Financial Services Unit is seeking applications from qualified individuals to apply for the position of Finance Officer. Working under the supervision of the Band Finance Manager, the Finance Officer will perform various general accounting duties for the WUIR and related companies.
- Generate monthly financial statements for distribution to program managers, finance committee, and Chief and Council
- Review financial statements and general ledger listings with program managers and prepare adjustments as required
- Review transactions then record and post transactions to the general ledger
- Perform reconciliations for various accounts
- Maintain capital asset records for additions, dispositions, amortization, insurance, etc.
- Assist program managers preparing financial reports for funders
- Assist program managers with budgets and record budget data to the financial accounting system
- Assist other finance personnel
- Other duties as required
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiar with quality management systems
- High standards of ethics and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to learn and implement new concepts
- Exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
- Able to work overtime when evening work is required
- Knowledge of Anishnawbemowin and culture and committed to continual learning and development
Closing Date: Open until position is filled
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three work-related references and copies of your qualifications to:
Confidential: Finance Officer Position
Box 112, 19A Complex Drive
Wiikwemkoong Unceded Indian Reserve
Wiikwemkoong, ON P0P 2J0
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit copies as there is no return of submissions. Late submissions will not be considered.