Foot Care Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)
The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre is currently recruiting an experienced and skilled Foot Care RPN with advance foot care training in the Primary Care Program. This nurse will work to provide basic (non-diabetic) & advanced diabetic foot care assessments and treatment services to Wikwemikong community members in a clinic setting.
- Accountable for own foot care nursing practice and professional growth with reflection, evidence-based practice and available resources and guidelines;
- Builds a positive personal interpersonal, group, community and professional relationship to foster improved health for client experiencing issues of care in order to promote optimum health and reduction of lower limb complications;
- Practices Infection Control as defined within guidelines and regulations;
- Practices in keeping with his/her role and scope of practice, the standards for nursing Practice and Code of Ethics of CNO.
- Currently registered with College of Nurses of Ontario;
- RPNAO with general liability insurance;
- Advanced Foot Care Certification with Diabetes Foot Care;
- Valid CPR;
- Demonstrated analytical, evaluation and problem solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational skills;
- Capable of working independently;
- Maintain client confidentiality, safety and comfort;
- Ability to manage own schedule;
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copy of accreditations, and contact information of two work-related references, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Foot Care Position
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Deadline: May 14, 2021 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract, Accreditations, and Driver’s Licence. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.