Healthy Babies Healthy Children Worker
The HBHC Family Home Visitor is responsible for working with families to build on their strengths, assist parents in developing their parenting skills, help them connect with resources in the community, and promote healthy babies and children by encouraging safety, growth and learning.
- Client-based activities.
- Maintain a caseload of clientele by providing home visiting services to high-risk families starting at postpartum and into the family unit.
- Participant-based activities.
- Networking/Integrated Activities.
- Communicate with Manager on a regular and on-going basis with respect to clients and work items.
- Communicate with the Children’s Services Team at regular Staff Meetings in a positive and constructive manner.
- As assigned by the Manager, the HBHC Family Home Visitor assists in the development of the annual Program Work plan.
- In conjunction with the Manager and the CSP team, to review past statistics in determining and forecasting client needs.
- As appropriate for Budget preparation, Quarterly submissions of relevant statistics as assigned by Manager.
- 2 years’ work experience working with children and families.
- Knowledge of traditional teaching is an asset.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in health or social services field considered an asset.
- An experienced parent with knowledge of parenting skills.
- Knowledge in child/growth development.
- Ability to collaborate with other Service Providers.
- Set-up of information booths / displays to promote the program within the community.
- Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, EMR).
- Input of data via electronic reporting to funding agencies.
- Able to work with high-risk families.
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copy of accreditations, and contact information of two work-related references, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Deadline: September 24, 2021 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Licence & Abstract. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submission will not be accepted. No return of submissions.