Housing Services Manager
Wiikwemkoong Unceded Territory (WUT), a culturally proud and progressive community valuing holistic, healthy lifestyles based on respect, responsibility and continuous participation in growth, education and cultural maintenance, is seeking a dynamic and forward-thinking individual to manage WUT’s Housing Department comprised of two departments – Housing Construction and Rental Property. Our ideal candidate will have project management experience related to residential construction and renovation projects, the ability to develop and maintain budgets, research skills and apply for funding. Completing reports for funders is also a key requirement for this position.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Housing Services Manager will work to develop effective housing policies, seek funding for repairs/renovations and new housing construction projects. The ideal candidate will have a post-secondary education in residential construction or related field as well as a current driver’s licence. A combination of experience and education will be considered.
If you think you are this person, we offer the opportunity to use your talents and experience to support the continued growth of our strong community!
- Plan, organize, direct and manage WUT’s residential home and multi-unit building department;
- Write proposals, submit reports, prepare budgets and accountable for financial reporting;
- Prepare bids for home construction or renovation projects;
- Prepare construction project budget estimates;
- Consult with customers, architects and engineers regarding plans and specifications;
- Through a tendering process select and employ trade subcontractors to carry out the plumbing, heating and electrical work;
- Plan and prepare work schedules and coordinate the activities of subcontractors;
- Plan and prepare construction schedules, milestones and monitor progress against established schedules.
- Relevant post-secondary education in building science field/construction technology;
- FNHM Certificate or Project Management course would be an asset;
- Minimum of 3-5 years of direct work experience in managing carpentry/housing construction projects;
- Experience in budgeting/financial management;
- Experience in analyzing information and providing solutions on a wide range of housing issues and sound understanding of on-reserve housing issues;
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication with strong writing and editorial abilities;
- Highly effective skills in project management, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management;
- Must be self-motivated with effective communication skills;
- Computer literacy, including effective computer skills and knowledge of residential building software; and
- Knowledge of Anishnawbemowin and Anishnabe culture and committed to continual learning and development.
Closing Date: October 26, 2021 2:00 pm
Posted: October 7, 2021
Please submit a covering letter, resume, 3 work-related references and copies of your qualifications to:
Confidential: Housing Department Manager
Box 112, 19A Complex Drive
Wiikwemkoong Unceded Indian Reserve
Wiikwemkoong, ON P0P 2J0
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please submit copies as there is no return of submissions. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.