NOOJMOWIN TEG HEALTH CENTRE
Indian Day School Services Coordinator
(Full-time Contract -ending March 2021)
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is seeking the services of a full-time Indian Day School Services Coordinator. The position will provide both cultural and health support guidance to former Indian Day School students and their families in the Indian Day School reconciliation process for their healing and wellness.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-team of health care professions providing community-based services through the use of a holistic approach that integrates both traditional and western healing methods. Our unique team includes: Traditional Health and Cultural Services, Primary Health Care, Mental Health & Addictions Services and Health and Wellness. Services are offered on-site and community-based (through the Manitoulin Island District Seven First Nation Community Health Centres). The Indian Day School Services Coordinator will report to the Anishinaabe Aadziwin Manager, and under the direction of the Executive Director.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage and cedar, may occur within the work setting.
NTHC is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Check out the website for additional information on the organization and communities we serve at: www.noojmowin-teg.ca. Come be a part of a meaningful work experience!
- Establish a supportive rapport with Indian Day School (IDS) former students and their families through cultural and emotional support through the delivery of traditional/cultural and relevant health programming;
- Provide coordinated services to individuals seeking support and advocacy in the preparation of Indian Day School claim forms;
- Provide and establish collaborative networks and partnerships for access to support-services, workshops, presentations, healing and wellness for individuals and Indian Day School former students and their
- Provide liaison with health support services for counselling (professional, grief, healing and wellness), both individual and support circle groups as required;
- Maintain case and file management and data collection and e-charting.
- Post-secondary education in Indigenous studies, social work, and/or combination of an equivalent and relevant education in social studies with a minimum of three years of demonstrated and related work
- experience within an Indigenous organization or community working with adults and their families in a healing and nurturing cultural environment;
- Ability to speak, translate and/or demonstrate willingness to learn the Anishnaabemowin language;
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to utilize available resources in a team-oriented, shared healthcare environment;
- Good interpersonal, listening and communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to engage people to build trust and rapport;
- Ability to problem solve and take initiative;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with deadlines;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, including database applications;
- Willing to work flexible hours as required;
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid;
- Ability to travel, including clear driver’s abstract and a reliable vehicle;
- Clear vulnerable sector records check is required.
Cover letter and resume, three current work-related references with contact information, a current and valid vulnerable sector records check (dated no later than three months), a copy of valid driver’s licence and driver’s abstract. Please mark correspondence as “Confidential.” Submissions will be accepted by mail, facsimile or email.
Deadline: November 20, 2020
Address your application to: Human Resources Noojmowin Teg Health Centre Hwy 540, Postal Bag 2002, 48 Hillside Rd. Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation Little Current, ON P0P 1K0 T: (705) 368-2182 ext. 235 F: (705) 368-2229 E: email@example.com W: www.noojmowin-teg.ca
We thank all for their interest and applications. Only those under consideration will be contacted.