KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs and customs.
We invite applications consisting of: a resume detailing education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism for the position of:
Jordan’s Principle – (3) Service Coordinator Positions
Location: (2) Sudbury and (1) Manitoulin
The Jordan’s Principle Coordinator primary responsibility to act as a focal point for the children and families that we serve. In particular, the Coordinator provides service coordination and planning in cooperation with other agency personnel related to children in care and children not in care of the agency served by Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services.
Education and Experience
- University degree or college diploma (two year minimum) in a field related to Human Services, Education or Social Work. However, other combinations of skills, education and experience that are relevant may be considered.
- Minimum of one-year direct service experience with children and families
- Experience working with Indigenous people, organizations and communities
- Review all Jordan’s Principle documentation related to the Jordan’s Principle Orders related to service and financial accessibility from an Agency perspective.
- Familiarize self with agency and Jordan’s Principle, service coordination and planning – service workflow processes and make recommendations to modify the process to the Program Supervisor.
- Assist and develop agency Jordan’s Principle (Reporting Templates) with Supervisor for formal submission based on budget and service needs of the agency.
- Work in collaboration with the service teams to identify “unmet needs” and work in collaboration with required team members to lead the completion of Jordan’s Principle applications, respond to documentation requirements, status of approvals and complete appeals.
- Work in collaboration with the service teams and external service providers and First Nations to secure supporting documentation for applications including support letters required by parties.
- Work in collaboration with families served to empower advocacy and assist in navigating the Jordan’s Principle application process.
- Participate in internal or external committees as required or requested
- Liaise and work effectively with the communities served, service providers, collateral agencies and organizations and elders.
- Apply agency service coordination and workflow process from intake, ongoing case management and discharge in conjunction with agency mandated and non-mandated programs.
- Act as a liaison and provide education and information sessions to agency staff in relation to Jordan’s Principle.
- Familiarize self with all Department of Indigenous Services Canada documentation related to the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal and Jordan’s Principle.
- Complete monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Track and maintain statistical data.
- Perform other duties, as assigned and required.
Deadline: open recruitment until position is filled
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Jordan’s Principle Service Coordinator – Sudbury/Manitoulin.” Include in your application a cover letter, resume and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural participation. Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax or in person, at
Human Resources – Confidential
JORDAN’S PRINCIPLE SERVICE COORDINATOR – Sudbury/Manitoulin
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wiikwemkoong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Fax: (705) 859-2195
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify).
Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within three months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.