KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs and customs
We invite applications consisting of: a resume detailing education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism for the position of:
Jordan’s Principle – Supervisor Position
Under the supervision of the Quality Assurance Manager, the incumbent is responsible for providing clinical and Jordan’s Principle supervision, support, guidance and evaluation to assigned staff. The Jordan’s Principle Supervisor will apply all Department of Indigenous Services Canada to Jordan’s Principle service-related funding definitions and agency coordination and planning related to service planning for the children and families served by Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Social Work Degree or a Bachelor level Degree in a related discipline deemed appropriate.
- At least (3) three years of successful employment experience within a child welfare environment with progressive levels of responsibility, including (2) two years of in frontline service delivery of Child Welfare Services.
- Experience in the delivery of First Nation Child and Family Services is preferred.
- Comprehensive experience in Child Welfare Frontline Case Management systems and Child Welfare
- Act as a liaison and provide education and information sessions to agency staff and to the communities that we serve in relation to Jordan’s Principle.
- Manage and complete developments for service-related data collection processes and data management as defined by senior management.
- Provides regular and ad hoc supervision to staff assigned to the team.
- Make decisions based on an analysis of available information, consideration of the various options, evidence informed practice and best practices.
- Work in collaboration with finance department staff to ensure that all financial claims related to Jordan’s Principle are processed and managed accordingly to agency policy and procedures
- Provide resolutions to complaints and assist with Jordan’s Principle appeal processes.
- Ensure compliance with the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, regulations, Ministry standards, and agency policies and procedures.
- Review and approve documentation and recording completed by staff.
- Oversee organization of Jordan’s Principle files and records and complete monthly reports relative to the service developments and ongoing reporting.
- Participate in First Nation community-based conferencing, traditional gatherings/ceremonies. Participate in traditional circles and implement plans in accordance with the First Nation community models.
- Ensure workers caseloads are covered when workers are absent.
- Hire, train, supervise, evaluate performance, and manage staffing resources for the team including
responding to staff complaints and/or providing discipline as required.
- Provide direction and participate in the implementation of culturally appropriate services to First Nation families and communities.
- Work effectively with clients, First Nations service collaterals, colleagues, senior management and other community agencies and service collaterals.
Deadline: open recruitment until position is filled
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Jordan’s Principle Supervisor – Sudbury”. Include in your application a cover letter, resume, and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural
participation. Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax or in person, at
Human Resources – Confidential
JORDAN’S PRINCIPLE SUPERVISOR – Sudbury
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wiikwemkoong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Fax: (705) 859-2195
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify).
Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within three months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.