KINA Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services (KGCFS) is a designated Child Welfare Service delivering Child Protection Services within seven member First Nations in the Districts of Sudbury and Manitoulin. KGCFS honours and supports our families’ and community’s inherent authority to care for their children based on unity, traditions, values, beliefs and customs.
We invite applications consisting of: a resume detailing education, work experience, cultural participation and volunteerism for the position of:
Jordan’s Principle – Team Assistant Position
The Team Assistant works under the supervision of Jordan’s Principle Supervisor and is responsible for the duties as outlined herein.
Education and Experience
Must possess a two year business related Diploma from an accredited college and/or other diploma in a discipline deemed appropriate for the position;
Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar position in a First Nations social service agency; and
Knowledge of the Child, Youth and Family Services Act, Child Protection Standards, Ministry of Children and Youth Services Regulations, Guidelines and Policy Directives.
- Maintain inventory, reports, and a file system to comply with Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services and Ministry Standards.
- Respond to general inquiries; receive, forward and distribute telephone/facsimile messages appropriately.
- Complete, review and distribute correspondence and communications for the Service and Administrative team(s) as required.
- Maintain accurate tracking and reporting of departmental statistical data.
- Complete timely service team filing and updating of audit and agency check lists.
- Complete administrative requirements as deemed required for Agency and Ministry audits, along with reporting on recommendations.
- Advise the service teams of Serious Occurrence reporting requirements in relation to forwarding reports, monitoring and tracking.
- Assist in opening and closing the facility at the beginning and at the end of each day.
- Provide telephone coverage on a rotational basis with other Team Assistants as required.
- Complete administration requirements for opening of new Client files, closing new files along required scanning of all Client file information.
- Complete weekly and monthly departmental statistics; maintain records and produce program reports as required.
- Work effectively with multiple co-workers, balance and prioritize multiple requests.
- Keep informed of Chief and Council directives, Provincial legislation, agency policies and procedures.
- Participate constructively as a team member in staff meetings, seminars and training sessions as required by the Service Supervisor.
- Perform other duties as required by Service Supervisor.
Deadline: open recruitment until position is filled
Applicants are encouraged to visit our website at www.kgcfs.org/employment to review the full job description.
KGCFS offers competitive wages, a generous benefit package and OMERS pension plan.
Please submit your application marked “Confidential – Jordan’s Principle Team Assistant –Sudbury.” Include in your application a cover letter, resume and (3) three reference letters – two (2) employment related from recent employers. Please also detail in your application: education, employment experience, and cultural
participation. Applications are accepted and in the following order of preference: by email, fax or in person, at
Human Resources – Confidential
JORDAN’S PRINCIPLE TEAM ASSISTANT – Sudbury
Kina Gbezhgomi Child and Family Services
Main Office – 98 Pottawatomi Avenue,
Wiikwemkoong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Fax: (705) 859-2195
KGCFS services is based on a highly specialized approach to the delivery of child welfare in our area. Preference will be given to Anishinaabe Candidates (please self-identify).
Miigwetch for your application, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to submit the following: satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (within three months of application date), Vulnerable Sector Check and Driver’s Abstract.