Junior Payroll Clerk
Under the direct supervision of the Payroll Manager the incumbent assists the Senior Payroll Clerk by performing similar duties and by assuming authority and responsibilities of a Senior Payroll Clerk during her absence. This position is responsible for ensuring that implementation and prescribed payroll activities are carried out in accordance with specified objectives. The Junior Payroll Clerk is the liaison between payroll department unit and other related units.
- Collect all activity sheets on paydays, verify the hours, credits earned/credit used/credit balances.
- Process payroll bi-weekly.
- Calculate payroll, print check register and verify all deductions and balance the deductions.
- Complete all payroll steps and submit the file to Manager.
- File payroll records and keep records of materials filed and removed.
- Provide departmental costings reports to departments upon request.
- Process Record of Employment as required.
- Provide payroll history reports when requested by an employee.
- Enter payroll deductions in payroll profile for payroll processing biweekly.
- Assist in preparation of T4 statements.
- Assist with group benefits and pension changes as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Familiar with quality management systems
- High standards of ethics and maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills and able to work in a multi-tasking environment
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Exercise good judgment, show initiative and be proactive
- Able to work overtime when required
- Knowledge of Anishnawbemowin and culture and committed to continual learning and development
Closing Date: Until Position is Filled
Please submit a covering letter, resume, three work-related references and copies of your qualifications to:
Confidential: Payroll Clerk Position Box 112, 19A Complex Drive Wiikwemkoong Unceded Indian Reserve Wiikwemkoong, ON P0P 2J0 email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit copies as there is no return of submissions. Late submissions will not be considered.