Kenjgewin Teg is seeking a team member to provide full-year learning opportunities for students
Term position: school year 2020-2021
October 2020 – june 2021
As one of nine recognized Indigenous Institutes in the province of Ontario, the organization is seeking to recruit dynamic individuals who are compassionate and committed to supporting students through lifelong learning as offered through the Pathways and Post-Secondary Education and Training programs.
Kenjgewin Teg is an Anishnaabe controlled and directed education organization that strives to provide a comprehensive, qualitative, cultural and holistic approach to First Nations based education, training and services. Our vision is to give students the ability to see the gift they were given, to be able to succeed in this world!
Salary: Kenjgewin Teg Teacher Salary Grid
The Learning Coach will report directly to the Dean of Pathways under the Lifelong Learning department. The Learning Coach is committed to creating and promoting an environment that reflects our language, traditions and culture in all that we do and will have an appreciation of the Anishinabek culture, principles, values, language, history, customs and be supportive of Anishinabek practices and protocols. The Learning Coach is responsible for working as a team in teaching and coordinating duties for the Pathways Program. This position is for an individual who is a passionate people person who will lead a student population with tremendous potential who require student support services to ensure academic success and student retention.
This position is highly interpersonal with constant interaction with students and the local community. The position demands an individual who can handle people with tact while being able to inspire, lead and be supportive at the same time.
- Bachelor of Education degree with Intermediate/Senior qualifications
- Special Education qualifications would be a definite asset
- A member in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers
- Minimum three (3) years of successful teaching experience in the intermediate/senior division
- Knowledge and experience working with e-learning applications and LMS including the Ministry of Education D2L environment
Job Knowledge & Skill
- Knowledge of Anishinabek cultural teachings or at a minimum willing to learn and participate is preferred
- Possess coaching and mentoring skills
- Familiarity with available community resources in our service delivery area
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment approach to program development and delivery in a blended learning environment
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to interact with students, community service providers, and staff
- Must be able to function in an environment that requires multi-tasking
Deadline: Monday, October 5, 2020 at 12 NOON
To learn more about this employment opportunity, please contact the Director of Operations at 705-377-4342.
Interested individuals can send a complete application package that consists of:
Cover letter, a detailed resume, three (3) current (within one year) letters of reference, two of which must be professional on organizational letterhead and authored by direct supervisor, and written permission to contact references. Please note that reference letters that are not dated within one year will not be accepted as part of the application package.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to provide a current Vulnerable Sector Check.
Applications can be received marked “confidential” either through mail or fax only to:
Kenjgewin Teg – Corporate Services
c/o Director of Operations
374 Hwy. 551, P.O. Box 328, M’Chigeeng First Nation, ON P0P 1G0
Tel: 705-377-4342 Fax: 705-377-4379
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg has taken steps to ensure that the organization is inclusive and partnership with the school community. This includes the shared practice of First Nation tradition of smudging.
Please note: Kenjgewin Teg’s Fitness for Duty Program is implemented which is designed to promote the development and maintenance of the highest possible levels of worker health and safety in an efficient and productive workplace.
Please note: Late applications will not be considered. While we thank all applicants, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information contained in applications will be used for recruitment purposes.