Manitoulin Health Centre requires a full-time Medical Laboratory Technologist to work at its Little Current Hospital site.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Certifications, Experience, Licensure):
- Three year College Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
- Current professional registration and licensure with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario
- Recent/related experience in hospital setting
- Certification in Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Proficient in specimen collection, handling and processing
- Point of Care System proficiency
- Knowledge of and proficiency in handling and interpreting various quality control samples including internal, external and blind duplicates
- Ability to problem solve/troubleshoot and apply critical thinking skills to constructively investigate, evaluate and solve technical issues
- Knowledge of test principles and performance specifications for various analytical techniques
- Knowledge to interpret, document and report results on a variety of specimens
- Proficient in Microsoft Platform (Word, Excel and Outlook); Policy & Procedures and Learning Management System
- Proficient in Meditech Lab module
- Knowledge of and proficiency in instrument maintenance and function checks
Please email a cover letter and resume to Human Resources at email@example.com.
Applicants with the required qualifications may be interviewed. Thank you to all who apply.
Manitoulin Health Centre is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.