Occupational Therapy Assistant
1 YEAR CONTRACT – MATERNITY LEAVE
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre requires a motivated, energetic and career-minded Occupational Therapy Assistant in our Aasgaabwitwindwaa Binoojiinhik Program serving the communities of Wiikwemkoong, M’Chigeeng, Whitefish River First Nation and Sagamok Anishnawbek.
The Occupational Therapy Assistant will act as a team player operating in a collaborative and interdisciplinary environment, with a focus on enabling occupational performance in the areas of self-care and productivity within the school environment. As an effective communicator, the Occupational Therapy Assistant will have demonstrated skills in group settings and one-on-one situations, and work well both independently and in collaboration with others. He/she will provide occupational therapy treatment to students and complete associated documentation.
- Utilize specialized occupational therapy knowledge and skills to encourage/facilitate activity of daily living skills and productivity;
- Provide individualized intervention, consultation and education as part of an interdisciplinary team either in-person of through virtual means (telephone, email, videoconferencing);
- Consult to define, monitor and adapt the appropriate plan of action of the specific individual’s case;
- Provide on-going monitoring of individual’s progress towards identified goals;
- Document pertinent information as it relates to the delivery of occupational therapy services;
- Understand and comply with the legal requirements of licensure, legislation, scope of practice, and policies and procedures of the program;
- Respect the individual’s beliefs and values and protect their right to confidentiality, privacy and dignity.
- Diploma from a college-level Occupational Therapy Assistant and Physiotherapy Assistant program preferred. Other college-level diplomas and university degrees in combination with relevant experience will be considered;
- Employment or fieldwork placement experience in pediatric occupational therapy settings preferred, with school health experience considered an asset;
- Ability to function within an interdisciplinary team (including education and health care professionals);
- Demonstrated ability to work independently;
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with pediatric clients and their families and with colleagues using a variety of formats;
- Ability to recognize individual learning styles and adapt communication and therapeutic approach accordingly;
- Demonstrated ability in problem-solving and critical thinking.
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and two work-related reference contacts, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16 A Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: July 30, 2021 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract and Driver’s Licence. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.