Mnaamodzawin Health Services Inc.
Personal Support Worker
The Personal Support Worker is responsible for providing care that contributes to the quality of life of individuals who live at home by promoting their independence; dignity; social; emotional and physical well-being; mobility; personal appearance; comfort and safety so that they may remain and participate within their community.
The successful applicant must be willing to work flexible hours (possible evenings and/or weekends) and may provide services to all five First Nation communities.
(Aundeck Omni Kaning, Sheguiandah, Sheshegwaning, Whitefish River and Zhiibaahaasing)
- Provide personal support services based on the client personal care or home management needs.
- Provide assistance to the Long-Term Care Program with the provision of regular Diners’ Club and Meals On Wheels program, Adult Day programming and may assist/provide generic transportation services for own client caseload; friendly visits and social safety.
- Provide respite services working flexible hours.
- Works collaboratively with healthcare providers in providing holistic care that focuses on achieving and maintaining optimal health.
- Submission of timely required documentation based on scheduled basis to immediate supervisor.
- May assume additional duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Knowledgeable and respectful of Anishinaabe customs, culture and language.
- A Personal Support Worker Certificate from a recognized college with a minimum of two years community work-experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Current and Clear CPIC.
- Valid ‘G’ driver’s licence and a vehicle.
- Salary range based on qualifications and approved salary grid.
Submit a cover letter, resume, three work-related references and a CPIC/VSS (dated within 90 days) marked ‘Confidential’ by email, fax or in person to:
Mnaamodzawin Health Services
Postal Bag 2002, 48 Hillside Road
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 18, 2021 @ 12:00 pm.
Only those applicants considered for an interview will be notified.