Personal Support worker (PSW)
The PSW will be required to work in a homecare setting and see assigned clients on a regular basis. You will work collaboratively with other healthcare providers in providing holistic care that focuses on achieving and maintaining optimal health for clients.
- To assist persons with the activities of daily living and/or personal care and to contribute to their quality of life by promoting their independence, dignity, social/emotional/physical well-being, mobility, personal appearance, comfort and safety.
- To provide light household management services to clients.
- To observe and report any changes in client service or environment to the supervisor.
- Able to react to change productively and handle any other essential tasks as assigned.
- Bilingual/fluent to communicate with clients in their language of preference/comfort.
- Be able to understand and speak the language
- Valid First Aid, CPR
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nation Communities and their culture
- Personal Support Worker Certificate/Health Care Aide
- Secondary School Graduation Diploma
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials
and 2 work-related reference contacts marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Personal Support Worker
Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: email@example.com
Deadline: Until Filled
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Licence & Abstract,
DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. No return of submissions.
ALL INTERESTED AND QUALIFIED CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.