The RPN will be required to work in a home care setting and see assigned clients. You will work collaboratively with other health care providers in providing wholistic care that focuses on achieving and maintaining optimal health for clients.
- Provide a wholistic approach to client care looking at physical, mental, spiritual and emotional well-being as per College of Nurses scope of practice.
- Respond to unexpected discharge or medication changes and documentation.
- Provide support and educational information to clients and families.
- Provide nursing care to clients as per nursing care plan and physician orders.
- Ongoing assessment of client needs and accessing appropriate services.
- Develop nursing care plans for each client.
- Provide wholistic nursing services to prolong independent living in the home.
- Promote teamwork within the Long-Term Care Program.
- Diploma in Registered Practical Nursing.
- Holds a current certificate of competence with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Experience working with seniors and individuals with disabilities or cognitive impairments.
- Demonstrates professional responsibility and accountability.
- Experience in a home care setting an asset.
- Sound verbal and written communication, teaching and leadership skills.
- Be able to understand and speak the language – Anishnaabemowin.
- Valid First Aid, CPR and Ontario Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge and understanding of First Nation Communities and their culture.
Interested applicants MUST submit: 1) A cover letter; 2) Updated resume; 3) Photocopy of certificates/diploma/degree from a post-secondary institution; and 4) Contact information (email, phone number) of two work-related references.
Attention: Melissa Roy
NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre
P.O. Box 101, 16A – Complex Drive, Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
Telephone: 705.859.3164Fax: 705.859.3300Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted: June 16, 2022 Deadline: August 2, 2022 @ 4:00 pm
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered and we appreciate your interest.
Preference will be given to Indigenous People.