GWEKWAADZIWIN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Traditional Knowledge Keeper
The Traditional Knowledge keeper position is a key component to the delivery of the wholistic programming within Gwekwaadziwin. This position will support Land-Based Treatment, Live-in Aftercare, and Community Aftercare; by offering Anishinabek teachings and guidance to staff and participants. This position will have a flexible schedule in order to meet program and participant needs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Reporting to the Director of Operations and Clinical Director
- Responsible for providing guidance and teachings to participants and staff of the range of Seven Grandfathers and Gwekwaadziwin programming
- Assist in development of client-centred wholistic treatment plans
- Assist in staff development
- Be active in Land-based programming
- Assist in development and implementation of research projects
- Delivery of group and individual sessions to staff and participants
- Mature individual who is able to work independently with preference given to individuals living a traditional lifestyle and being on a lifelong journey in traditional knowledge
- Preference given to an Individual of Anishinaabe ancestry with knowledge and understanding of Anishinabek history, clan systems, protocols, etiquette, culture, traditions, and ceremonies
- Proven experience with management, program development, research, and outcome measurement
- Experience working in Mental Health and Addictions field with proficiency in outdoor experiential learning, education, aftercare, and client centred models of care
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and projects
- Ability to utilize electronic devices such as cell phone, laptop, electronic medical records
- Able to participate in outdoor and athletic programming
- Possess a valid Ontario class ‘G’ driver’s licence in good standing with access to a reliable vehicle, able to obtain an ‘F’ class Driver’s licence with a preference given to those who already hold a class ‘F’ driver’s licence
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as required
- Preference for a designation with a regulatory college
Salary: $ Commensurate with qualifications
Closing Date: October 27, 2021 @ noon
To Apply: Please submit a letter of application and resume with three written employment references, one from current/most recent employer and current Criminal Reference Check, Drivers Abstract, Copy of relevant Diplomas/Degrees/Certificates. Incomplete or late packages will not be accepted. Please forward in an email to email@example.com.
Subject line – Gwekwaadziwin – Seven Grandfathers – Traditional Knowledge Keeper
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.