NOOJMOWIN TEG HEALTH CENTRE
Traditional Knowledge Keeper Support
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre seeks the part-time services (three days per week) of a traditional resource person to provide support for the Traditional Knowledge Keeper during the delivery of healer clinics and services. The Traditional Knowledge Keeper Support Worker will attend all healer sessions with clients and/or families to chart on behalf of the healer and provide an environment of safety for clients. The support worker will be available both on-site and in external clinics and other services provided by the healers.
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre is comprised of a multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professions providing community-based services through a wholistic approach integrating traditional and western healing methods. Our unique team includes: Primary Care, Mental Health & Addictions, Health & Wellness, and Traditional Healing. Services are offered on-site, at the Manitoulin Island District Seven First Nations Health Centres, and Espanola area. The Traditional Knowledge Keeper Support Worker will report to the Anishinaabe Aadzawin Manager.
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Given the traditional practices of the Anishinabek, from time to time, exposure to wood smoke and the burning of sacred medicines, including tobacco, sweet grass, sage or cedar, may occur within the work setting.
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in traditional healing practices;
- Experience and/or ability to work within an electronic medical record charting system and other IT technologies;
- Ability to speak, translate and/or demonstrated willingness to learn the Anishnaabemowin language;
- Good interpersonal, listening and communication (written and verbal) skills with the ability to engage people to build trust and rapport;
- Strong organizational skills including ability to complete work with deadlines/to coordinate schedules and appointments;
- Proven knowledge and ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Willing to work flexible hours as required;
- Current CPR Level C and First Aid;
- Ability to travel including clear driver’s abstract and a reliable vehicle;
- Clear vulnerable sector criminal record check is required.
Cover letter, letter of application and resume. Three current work relevant references with contact information
and current vulnerable sector criminal reference check (dated no later than three months).
Deadline: June 18, 2021
Send to: Human Resources
Noojmowin Teg Health Centre Email: email@example.com
Hwy 540, 48 Hillside Road Ph.: 705-368-2182 ext. 235
Aundeck Omni Kaning First Nation Fax: 705-368-2229
Postal Bag 2002
Little Current, ON P0P 1K0
We thank all for their interest and application. Only those under consideration will be contacted.