The NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre – Nookomisnaang Shelter Program is seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual for the position of Wellness Worker.
Wellness Worker is responsible for planning and facilitating safe therapeutic counselling, ensuring care management duties are completed according to minimal standards, preparing and maintaining administrative duties, promoting a supportive, respectful and harmonious team environment.
- Plan and facilitate safe therapeutic counselling to individuals and/or families.
- In accordance to the minimal standards, ensure case management responsibilities are current and accurate.
- Promote a supportive, respectful and harmonious team environment.
- To assist clients to develop action plans to address identified concerns.
- To share information with health and social agencies.
- Organize and facilitate community events (i.e.: cultural awareness, education, illness prevention, crisis intervention workshops, promotion programming for school age and other youth, seniors and other identified populations).
- Facilitate outreach program (i.e. health and wellness fairs, grief recovery).
- Aboriginal cultural approaches will be reflected or used as part of the activities and services.
- Provide advocacy and support services to community members who have experienced any form of violence.
- Ensure confidentiality in the provision of all services.
- Implement healing opportunities, facilitate circles as well as coordinate knowledge exchange opportunities so that they meet the community needs utilizing a traditional/western approach.
- Knowledge and understanding of intergenerational impacts of all forms of trauma and abuse.
- Promote programming and educational workshops to community members, groups and family.
- Post-Secondary graduate in Social Work or relevant field.
- Understanding of the impact of family violence on the individual family, clan, nation and community.
All applicants MUST submit a letter of application, current resume, copies of credentials and two work-related reference contacts, marked CONFIDENTIAL to:
Nookomisnaang Wellness Worker Attention: Melissa Roy, Executive Assistant NAANDWECHIGE-GAMIG Wikwemikong Health Centre P.O. Box 101, 16A - Complex Drive Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0 Telephone: 705.859.3164 Fax: 705.859.3300 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: November 30, 2020 @ 4:00pm
Copies of the following will be requested from the SUCCESSFUL candidate: CPIC/VSS, Driver’s Abstract, Accreditation and Driver’s Licence. DO NOT INCLUDE IN PACKAGE.
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Incomplete submission will not be accepted. No return of submissions.