(LITTLE CURRENT, ON) – On Monday, November 19, 2018 at approximately 7:07 a.m., officers from the Manitoulin detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were called to a report of a stolen vehicle and thefts from vehicles and garages on Thorne Street in Mindemoya, Ontario.
Officers from the Sudbury detachment of the OPP had received a traffic complaint involving the same vehicle and subsequently located it on Highway 17 in Walden Township, Ontario. The investigation is continuing with the assistance of an OPP Scenes of Crime Officer (SOCO).
Currently, a 19-year-old man, of M’Chigeeng First Nation, Ontario is charged with:
- Possession of Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000, contrary to section 355(a) of the Criminal Code (CC);
- Fail to Stop at Scene of Accident, contrary to section 252 of the CC;
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle, contrary to section 249(1)(a) of the CC;
- Driving While Ability Impaired, contrary to section 253(1)(a) of the CC;
- Driving With More than 80 mg of Alcohol in Blood, contrary to section 253(1)(b) of the CC;
- Flight While Pursued by Peace Officer, contrary to section 249.1(1) of the CC;
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order, contrary to section 733.1(1) of the CC;
- Uttering Threats – Cause Death or Bodily Harm (two counts), contrary to section 264.1(1)(a) of the CC;
- Mischief – Destroy or Damage Property, contrary to section 430(1)(a) of the CC.
- Theft of a Motor Vehicle, contrary to section 334(a) of the CC;
- Theft Under $5000 – from a motor vehicle, contrary to section 334(b) of the CC;
- Break and Enter, contrary to section 348(1)(b) of the CC; and
- Trespassing at Night, contrary to section 177 of the CC.
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Provincial Court of Justice in Sudbury, Ontario on December 5, 2018 and at the Provincial Court of Justice in Gore Bay, Ontario on January 9, 2019.