I love goat cheese and prosciutto so I came up with this chicken recipe as a way to combine two great flavors into one great dinner dish. I paired it with Portobello rosemary flat bread and the end result was an excellent Friday night meal.
Ingredients– 4, 6-ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – 4 ounces of herbed goat cheese – 8 pieces of prosciutto slices – Olive oil – 4 sprigs of rosemary – Parmesan cheese
1. Using a sharp knife, cut a 2-inch-long horizontal pocket along the side of each chicken breast.
2. Stuff chicken pocket with 1 oz (or as much as you can fit) of herbed goat cheese.
3. Sprinkle chicken breast with coarse sea salt and pepper.
4. Start at one end of the breast and wrap the chicken breast with a piece of prosciutto, overlapping slightly, but trying to cover as much of the chicken as you can. In the middle of the breast, start with the next piece of prosciutto and continue to the other end of the breast wrapping the meat (if you need to you can secure the prosciutto slices with small turkey skewers or toothpicks). Sprinkle tops with 1 teaspoon of parmesan cheese.
5. Preheat oven to 350 F. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken wrapped in prosciutto until brown, about 3-4 minutes each side.
6. Remove chicken from skillet and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place sprigs of rosemary on top of each chicken and cook for 15-20 minutes.
7. After removing from oven, let rest for 4-5 minutes until serving.