(Wikwemikong, ON) – On the 26th day of February 2022, members of the Wikwemikong Tribal Police Service (WTPS) responded to a report of motor vehicle in the ditch which led to drug trafficking and possession of property obtained by crime charges for one woman after police found a large amount of various drugs, cash, and imitation weapons in her vehicle.
At around 8:41 p.m. Saturday, police received a report of a vehicle in the ditch. Police attended the area of Andrew’s Crescent and Christine Street where they found the vehicle in the ditch. A description of the female who fled the area on foot was provided to the police. The female matching the description returned to the vehicle stated to the police that she was driving the vehicle.
Through investigation of the motor vehicle in the ditch a large quantity of various drugs, cash, packaging material and imitation firearms were found inside the suspect vehicle and seized.
As a result of the investigation 40-year-old Miranda Deanna JACKO of Sudbury is charged with:
• Possession of a Schedule 1(Cocaine) Drug for the Purpose of Trafficking CDSA 5 (2)
• Possession of a Schedule 1(Opioid) Drug for the Purpose of Trafficking CDSA 5 (2)
• Possession of a Schedule 3 Drug of the Purpose of Trafficking CDSA 5 (2)
• Possession of a Schedule 1(Other) Drug for the Purpose of Trafficking CDSA 5 (2)
• Possession of Property obtained by crime over $5000 CCC 354
Anyone with information on these investigations or any other please contact WTPS with any information regarding the illicit sale of controlled and illegal substances or to contact Sudbury Crime Stoppers at 1-(800) 222-8477 (TIPS) or http://www.sudburycrimestoppers.com .